Welcome to Messalonskee High School
1. When is the first day of school for freshmen? Thursday, August 28th
2. What time does school start? First period begins at 8:00. Students are usually in their classrooms by 7:55 when the first bell rings.
3. When will I get my schedule? You should receive your schedule mid-August.
4. What do I do if I need to change my schedule? If you need to make changes to your schedule prior to the start of school you would call the guidance office (465-4989) and scheduled an appointment with your counselor. If you want to make a change when school starts you would go into the guidance office and make an appointment with your counselor.
5. What will I need to bring to school the first day? I would suggest that you bring one notebook and something to write with. Your teachers will let you know during the first few days of school what additional supplies you may need for their class.
6. When do I eat lunch? Your lunch time will depend on what class you have period 3. We build our 3 lunches around that period and are in the process of dividing up the classes for lunch assignments. Keep following this post and by the end of next week you should know when you eat lunch.
More questions and responses to follow…..stay connected.
7. How can I join a club? During the Freshman Barbecue there will be a chance for you to learn about the different clubs available to sign up for. You will also have an opportunity to do this on the first day of school.
8. Who do I contact if I am interested in trying out for a sports team? Mrs. Fisher, the Athletic Department secretary, can answer any question you may have. She can be reached during the day by calling the high school, 465-7381, and from the directory hit the number for the Athletic Office.
9. Is there an Open House for just freshmen? We will be hosting a barbecue for all freshmen students and their parents on Tuesday, August 26th from 5:00-6:30. This will give you a chance to see your friends, meet the staff and administrators, tour the building informally and ask any questions of the senior mentors who will be there to help out. You should be getting a postcard soon reminding you of this event and who to RSVP to.
Important Dates / Upcoming Events
Aug 21-22 New Teacher Orientation
25-27 In-Service Workshops for MHS Teachers
27 Fall Sports Night 6:00 p.m. PAC
28 School Opens – Grade 9 Only
29 School Opens – All Students
Sept 1 NO SCHOOL – Labor Day
3 School Picture Day – Staff & Students
22-26 Homecoming Week
22 Parade & Bonfire 6:00 p.m.
23 Teacher Workshop – Early Release – Student dismissed at 12:00
Messalonskee High School News
Thriving and Having Fun at RSU 18...
August 21, 2014
Could you stay motivated on the deck of the Titanic? Norm Bossio believes he could – and he thinks he can teach others to do the same. The former teacher, principal and school...
Donna Pullen Named Maine Bus Driver of the Year, Above & Beyond
August 5, 2014
When Donna Pullen pulls bus 103 onto the road later this month she will commence her 47th year as a driver for the school district now known as Regional School Unit 18. RSU 18 Transportation...
Grant Funds to Benefit Tech Trades
July 24, 2014
The check, written for $2,500, came Wednesday, but Tech Trade teacher Bill Smith has no plans to go on a shopping spree this weekend – and for good reason. “It is already spent,”...
Messalonskee High School News